Appendix 1: Statement of Beliefs
Our Statement of Faith - Walk on the Water Faith Church
1. HOLY BIBLE – We believe in the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired by God and inerrant in the original writings and that they are the supreme and final authority by which all doctrine, human opinions, creeds, or conduct shall be tried and judged (Proverbs 30:5; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 4:12; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
2. TRINITY – We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:26; Matthew 28:19; 1 John 5:7).
3. JESUS CHRIST - We believe Jesus Christ is God the Son, the second person of the Trinity, and the only begotten Son of God. Jesus is Son of God and Son of Man. He is the Word of God and was in the beginning with God. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, performed miracles, died on the cross for humanity, shed His perfect blood for the remission of the sins of man. He rose from the dead on the third day. He redeemed us from the curse of the law and purchased our salvation, our healing, and our prosperity through His blood. He is our High Priest and placed His blood on the Mercy Seat in heaven. He ascended to the right hand of the Father and will return again in power and glory (Isaiah 9:6; Matthew 3:16-17; John 3:16; John 1:1-2; Revelation 19:13; John 1:14; Philippians 2:6-11; 1 Timothy 3:16; 1 John 5:6; Galatians 3:13; Hebrews 9:11-12; Luke 21:27).
4. VIRGIN BIRTH – We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and is God, the Son of God and the Son of Man (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18,23-25; Luke 1:27-35).
5. RESURRECTION – We believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ who has ascended into heaven, where He sits at the right hand of the Father, and lives eternally to intercede for us as our High Priest (Acts 13:30-31; Romans 8:11; John 2:19-21; John 20:26-28; Romans 8:34; 1 Timothy 2:5; Colossians 3:1).
6. SINFUL NATURE OF MAN – We believe that man was created in the likeness and image of God. Man sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is separation from God. All human beings are born with a sinful nature and, in the case of those who reach moral responsibility, manifest themselves as sinners (Genesis 1:27; Genesis 2:16-17; Romans 5:12; Romans 3:23).
7. REDEMPTION – We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and a substitute sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the basis of His personal blood sacrifice and the placement of His blood on the Mercy Seat (Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 9:12; Romans 5:9; Hebrews 2:17; Hebrews 9:15).
8. SALVATION – We believe man is saved by grace alone, through personal faith in Jesus Christ. Salvation is a free gift from God, not a result of our good works or of any human effort. Through repentance, we receive forgiveness of our sins (Ephesians 2:8; Acts 3:19; Ephesians 1:7).
9. ETERNAL LIFE – We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men. Those who have been saved will be resurrected unto eternal life and those who have not been saved unto eternal separation from God, which is called spiritual death (John 5:28-29; Matthew 25:46; John 3:15; Romans 6:23).
10. WATER BAPTISM – We believe in believer’s baptism which is baptism by immersion in water after salvation. However, baptism in itself does not produce salvation (Matthew 28:19-20; Ephesians 4:5; Colossians 2:12).
11. BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT – We believe that the baptism of the Holy Spirit is a second experience subsequent to salvation for born-again believers. The baptism of the Holy Spirit anoints the child of God with power to witness and supernatural strength to live the crucified life (Matthew 3:11; Acts 1:5,8; Acts 8:15-17; Acts 19:6).
12. BODY OF CHRIST – We believe that all who have received, by faith, the Lord Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior are born again of the Holy Spirit and have become children of God and members of the body of Christ (Romans 12:5; 1 Corinthians 12:27).
13. RAPTURE – We believe in the pre-tribulation gathering together of the saints, both living and dead, in the air with the Lord Jesus Christ (1 Thessalonians 4:15-18; John 14:1-3; 1 Thessalonians 4:17; 1 Corinthians 15:51-52; 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10; 2 Thessalonians 2:6-9; Matthew 24:36-44).
14. SECOND COMING – We believe in the second coming of Jesus Christ to establish His kingdom on earth (Matthew 24:29-31; Revelation 1:7; Isaiah 9:6-7; Acts 1:9-11; Matthew 25:31-32).